Immunization Action Coalition of Washington
Who We Are
Founded in 1994, the Immunization Action Coalition of Washington (IACW) works to improve the health of the community by minimizing the incidence of vaccine-preventable diseases through the optimal use of immunizations across the lifespan.
IACW is a statewide coalition that serves stakeholders across Washington. IACW members represent state and local public health agencies, physicians, nurses, pharmacists, medical assistants, school nurses, health systems, health plans, corporate partners, and more.
What We Do & Our Goals
What is a coalition? In simplest terms, a coalition is a group of individuals and/or organizations with a common interest who agree to work together toward a common goal. IACW builds engagement strategies that leverage the collective voice of our diverse community, population and public health partners to address immunization priorities. We spearhead statewide efforts to enhance systems, policy, infrastructure and resources in support of vaccination
Statewide Awareness Building and Support
We provide immunizers with tools and information to implement best practices in providing immunization services. We build public will to support the value of immunizations through education and awareness building in our communities.
Community Outreach and Engagement
We educate the public about vaccines and the diseases they prevent and provide immunization stakeholders with opportunities to network, collaborate, and share information about immunization-related news and resources.
Public Policy and Advocacy
We advocate for immunization policy in Washington State that is evidence-based, ensures equitable access to immunizations, and protects communities from vaccine-preventable disease.
- If your organization would like to become a partner in this effort, please fill out this interest form
- Subscribe to our IACW email list to receive the latest news and our monthly newsletter
- Join our next IACW quarterly meetings held virtually from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.:
Please familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct prior to attending our meetings.
Our 2021 IACW Priorities
- Strengthen COVID-19 vaccine confidence, especially among diverse communities and those most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Promote the importance of childhood and adolescent immunizations, in response to declining immunization rates during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Explore how immunization data from the WA State IIS could be stratified by factors other than geography to better inform immunization strategies from an equity standpoint.
- Support schools and school nurses to enhance their immunization rates and ensure access to vaccines for uninsured families.
Code of Conduct
Members and participants agree to support our mission and strengthen immunization efforts in Washington State that are based on evidence-based guidance from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).
The IACW is dedicated to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all members and participants regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, religion, or age. Diversity in all its forms is integral to our mission.
We invite all those who participate in the IACW to help us create a safe, positive experience for everyone. All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are at the sole discretion of the IACW Executive Committee and WithinReach. The following behaviors are requested and expected from all members and participants:
- Be courteous, respectful, and considerate of fellow members and participants.
- Encourage a collaborative environment that welcomes diversity.
- Refrain from harassing, discriminatory or derogatory speech, conduct, and materials.
- Obtain approval from the IACW prior to distributing materials.
Click here to read our Member and Participant Code of Conduct in full.