Immunization champions go above and beyond to promote the importance of immunizations in their communities. Our Immunization Action Coalition of Washington, the Washington State Department of Health, the Association of Immunization Managers and CDC recognize these individuals and their impact through the IACW Advocate, IACW Collaborator and Childhood Immunization Champion awards.
IACW Champion Award Winner
The Immunization Action Coalition of Washington (IACW) Awards recognize people and groups who raise public awareness of how important immunizations and work to keep Washingtonians immunized across the lifespan. This is the work of saving lives and keeping our communities healthy.
- IACW Advocate Award: An individual, active in the Immunization Action Coalition of Washington, who has given their time and been successful in enhancing statewide immunization efforts.
- IACW Collaborator Award: An organization, active in the Immunization Action Coalition of Washington, who has impacted their community through collaboration to help promote, educate, and increase immunization levels.
- IACW Advocate: Lori Kelley
- IACW Collaborator: Kevy Wijaya/Stepping Stone Pediatrics
- IACW Advocate: Stewart Lyman
- IACW Collaborator: Seattle Public Schools Nurses
- IACW Advocate: Jenny Arnold, PharmD
- IACW Collaborator: American Indian Health Commission
- IACW Advocate: Rebecca Doughty
- IACW Collaborator: Auburn School District School Nurses
- IACW Advocate: Celina Yarkin
- IACW Collaborator: Nancy Hecox/Tieton Village Drug
- IACW Advocate: Carolyn Cook, RN
- IACW Collaborator: Group Health Foundation
The CDC Childhood Immunization Champion Award: Washington State Winners
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Childhood Immunization Champion Award is an annual award that recognizes individuals who make a significant contribution toward improving public health through their work in childhood immunization. Each year, a CDC Immunization Champion is selected from each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
In 2022, the CDC Childhood Immunization Champion Award will be given jointly by the Association of Immunization Managers (AIM) and CDC.
2022: Ahmed Ali, PharmD
2019: Alexander Hamling, MD
2018: John Merrill-Steskal, MD
2017: Elias Kass, ND
2016: John Dunn, MD
2015: Kathy Hennessey
2014: Janet Kauzlarich, RN
2013: Edgar Marcuse, MD
2012: Wendy Sue Swanson, MD