Understanding HPV Disparities in Rural Communities & Addressing HPV Vaccine Hesitancy
WithinReach and the Immunization Action Coalition of Washington (IACW, an initiative of WithinReach) hosted a webinar to discuss HPV vaccination in Washington.
Date and time: June 28, 2023, 12 – 1pm
- Describe reasons for HPV vaccination disparities in rural communities, including provider-specific barriers to HPV vaccination
- Review ways to address barriers to vaccination
- Discuss common HPV vaccine questions and concerns and how to address them
- Identify effective approaches to the HPV vaccine conversation
Healthcare providers, pharmacists and pharmacy techs, local public health, and anyone interested in learning more about this topic.
Continuing Education Information
- There is no charge for continuing education credit.
- Continuing education (CE) is available for nurses, medical assistants, pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians for attending the live webinar OR watching the recording.
- Even if you attend the live webinar or watch the recording as a group, everyone MUST register for the webinar and complete the evaluation as an individual prior to receiving CE.
- CE expires 06/28/24.
- After watching the recording, please complete the evaluation. If you want CE credit, you must complete the evaluation.
- A few weeks after the live webinar, certificates will be emailed to everyone who requested CE. We will email certificates for watching the recording quarterly.
Continuing Nursing Education
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 1.0 contact hours will be awarded for successful completion of this activity.
Continuing Education for Medical Assistants
1.0 administrative continuing education unit was approved by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). Granting approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the AAMA of the program content or the program’s sponsor.
Continuing Education for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
This knowledge-based activity was approved by the Washington State Pharmacy Association for 1.0 contact hours.
Universal Activity Number (UAN):
The Washington State Pharmacy Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a Provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This learning activity is not funded by any commercial entity.
Katie Treend, MPH
Comprehensive Cancer Control Program Coordinator
Office of Healthy and Safe Communities
Prevention and Community Health
Washington State Department of Health
Gretchen LaSalle, MD, FAAFP
Family Medicine Provider, MultiCare Rockwood Quail Run Clinic
Clinical Associate Professor, WSE Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine
AAFP Vaccine Science Fellow
Author of “Let’s Talk Vaccines: A Clinicians Guide to Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and Saving Lives