Centering Equity in Community-Based Practice
Region 10 and Pacific Northwest immunization partners will convene a workshop to promote adult immunizations. Register for the meeting.
The meeting will focus on the following:
Equitable Partnerships & Overcoming Barriers to Access
- Introduce the Ventanilla de Salud Program
- Identify best practices to engage with Latino and Hispanic community members to promote vaccinations and preventative health
- Identify ways to leverage existing or new partnerships to increase community vaccinations and improve community health outcomes
- Introduce the Alaska Tribal Health System
- Training Adaptation for Reaching Wider Audiences
- Motivational Interviewing to Address Vaccine Hesitancy
Motivational Interviewing Workshop
- Summarize why MI is crucial to building vaccine confidence
- Provide an overview of MI principles and techniques
- Discuss specific examples of MI-adherent responses that providers can use in a clinical setting
Additionally, the meeting will provide a networking opportunity for Region 10 (Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington) community-based organizations, partners, and stakeholders.
- Diana Gomez Romero, BS: Community Health Worker, St. Luke’s Health System.
- Sarah Seppa, RD: Director of Community Engagement, St. Luke’s Health System.
- Mariah Knox: Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Carrie Bader, MPH, MOT: Training Director, Boost Oregon
- Dr. Hassan, MD, MPH: Medical Director, Boost Oregon
10am – 12pm (PT): Equitable Partnerships & Overcoming Barriers to Access
12 – 1pm (PT): One hour lunch break
1 – 3pm (PT): Motivational Interviewing Workshop
This Event is Hosted By: