COVID-19 and Flu Vaccine
Think of it as essential. Get a flu vaccine.
We don’t have a vaccine to prevent COVID-19 yet, but we do have a vaccine to prevent influenza (flu). Getting vaccinated against the flu is one small thing you can do to protect your family from influenza, and to prevent our hospitals from getting overwhelmed this winter.
Doctor’s offices and local pharmacies are taking precautions so that you and your family can safely get your flu vaccines. Use this easy tool to find a flu vaccine provider near you: Vaccine Finder. If you need help finding a clinic or pharmacy please call our Help Me Grow Washington Hotline at 1-800-322-2588 or visit ParentHelp123.org.
While you and your family are getting your flu vaccine, check with your health care provider to make sure you are caught up on ALL your vaccines! Visit our page on vaccinating during COVID-19 for more information.
Flu Resources for Families:
- CDC Flu Information
- WA State Department of Health Flu Information
- Why Flu Vaccine Is More Important During COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Influenza (Flu) Questions: 2020-2021 Season
- Infographic: Prevent Getting COVID-19 and/or Flu
- Infographic: Managing Home Life with Flu & COVID-19 Virus
- Infographic: The Flu Vaccine Can Save Your Life!
- Infographic: Is it COVID-19 (or is it flu)?
- For more languages, click here.
Flu Vaccine Promotional Materials:
- Knock Out Flu: Think of It as Essential Campaign Toolkit
- Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Get the Flu Vaccine! Campaign
- CDC Digital Media Toolkit: 2020-2021 Flu Season
- WA State Department of Health Flu Materials and Resources
- Ad Council – Get My Flu Shot Campaign
- National Minority Quality Forum Toolkit
- Snap a photo of your flu shot outing, share on social media and use the hashtag #WhyIVaccinate and #WhyIFightFlu to share why it is important to keep your family and community safe from flu this year!
We know that the current situation with COVID-19 is unnerving and challenging. WithinReach, which works to improve the health of Washington communities by minimizing the incidence of vaccine preventable diseases, remains committed to the health of families and is working to ensure you get access to the resources you need. Please reach out to us if we can assist you in applying for food programs, access health resources or to find an immunization clinic. You can reach us by calling our Help Me Grow Washington Hotline at 1-800-322-2588, or online at ParentHelp123.org.